Answers To Key Questions About Wrongful Death & Ozmon Law
WHAT TYPES OF COMPENSATION ARE RECOVERABLE?
- Grief and sorrow
- Loss of society (love, affection, guidance, protection, companionship)
- Money goods and services loss
- Expenses for related medical care
- Loss of income provided by the decedent
- Punitive damages (if a death is caused by malice or willful or wanton conduct)
WHAT TYPES OF INJURY CASES ARE RELATED TO WRONGFUL DEATH?
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth-related Injuries
DOES OZMON LAW PRACTICE IN MY AREA?
Ozmon Law has over 30 years of extensive experience as a Personal Injury Trial Lawyer, having handled serious cases in State and Federal Courts in Illinois and the U.S. Laird Ozmon can see that your case is prosecuted anywhere in the U.S.
- Will County: Joliet, Plainfield, Romeoville, Lockport, Crest Hill. Shorewood, Minooka, Channahon, Elwood, Manhattan, New Lenox, Mokena, Frankfort, Peotone, Manhattan and Braidwood.
- Grundy County: Coal City, Morris, Mazon, Verona, Gardner and Kinsman.
- Cook County: Chicago, Cicero, Orland Park, Tinley Park, Blue Island, Harvey, Calumet, Countryside, Bridgeview, Matteson, Chicago Heights, Calumet, Evanston, Des Plaines, Arlington Heights, Hoffman Estates, Glenview, Northbrook, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village and Rosemont.
- DuPage County: Naperville, Wheaton, Lisle, Warrenville, Glen Ellyn, Oakbrook, Downers Grove, Westmont, Hindsdale, Darien, Woodridge, Burr Ridge, Elmhurst, Villa Park, Lombard, Addison, Wood Dale, Itasca, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream, West Chicago, Roselle, Wayne, Winfield, Warrenville, Eola and Bensenville.
WHAT OTHER CLAIMS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH WRONGFUL DEATH?
A survival act claim is created by statute and allows the decedents (deceased person) heirs to recover the damages a decedent incurred or suffered between the time of an injury and the ultimate time of death, as a result of wrongful conduct. Survival Act damages that are allowed to be recovered are:
- Decedents pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Loss wages
- Loss of a normal life
These cases can be complicated and it is in the best interest for anyone who believes their may be a potential Wrongful Death/Survival Act claim to consult an experienced attorney such as Laird Ozmon to fully discuss them. Laird Ozmon has successfully represented family members in wrongful death cases for 30 years.
Although nothing can truly replace a lost loved one, Laird will fight to recover the maximum compensation to which you are entitled and hopefully enable you to move past such a tragedy.
WHY SHOULD I CONSULT OZMON LAW?
Experience, Trust and Compassion are Ozmon Law principles. Laird Ozmon has a proven track record of obtaining high dollar value settlements and jury verdicts involving wrongful death cases. While Ozmon Law is handling your case, Laird will always try to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. However, if a fair settlement cannot be negotiated, Laird’s 30 years of trial experience will work for you in attempting to recover maximum compensation from the jury.
Contact Ozmon Law Today for a FREE Consultation at 815-727-7700
Contact Us Today
FOR A FREE NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION